Fire Prevention Week falls in the middle of October and we want to focus on taking the right precautions to make sure a fire never occurs in your home. According to www.ready.gov, every year around 12,600 people is injured in home fires in the United States. In less than 30 seconds, a small fire can spread into a large fire throughout your home and get out of control.
Tips on Fire Prevention:
- Smoke alarms should be replaced every 10 years and make sure you install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Sit down and have a conversation with your entire family about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- Store matches and lighters up high or in locked drawer so they are well out of the reach of children.
- Make sure everyone in your household knows how to call 911 in the case of any emergency.
- Every year, make sure to have your home heating utilities inspected and cleaned.
- Walk around your home and check to make sure that the windows are not stuck, in case your need to escape a fire quickly.
If you are interested in getting new smoke detectors or sprinkler system, contact K Security Systems at 781-724-1010 for more information!