These days, it is common for managers to focus their security efforts on protecting IT systems and company data. However, it is crucial to remember that the physical security of a corporate environment is just as important as its cybersecurity.
Are you doing enough to keep your staff and business materials safe from burglars and vandals? If not, you are endangering both your subordinates and your livelihood. If the right steps are not taken, you might soon find yourself out of business.
Here are some ways you can ensure the security of your office:
- Invest in video surveillance from K Security Systems. If you have not already, you must get a video surveillance system installed. Seeing the equipment can deter potential thieves from taking anything important from the office before breaking in. Video recordings will offer strong evidence in the event a theft happens.
- Keep the door properly locked. While it sounds simple, one of the best things you can do is keep the front door locked. Proximity cards are commonplace, as they provide extra protection as long as employees keep careful track of their individual cards. This system will also provide a trail of who comes and goes.
- Install a K Security Systems alarm. An intrusion detection system can provide you with an early warning that somebody has broken into your office. Installing a connected alarm system in the workplace is one of the easiest ways to deter crime, with a central monitoring station providing watchman and supervisory services.
- Screen all potential employees. Whenever somebody applies for a position with your company, a hiring manager or human resources representative must take a look into their personal and professional background. Criminal record checks and contacting references can help to catch any potential red flags before that person is brought on board as an employee.
- Create a culture of security awareness. The first line of defense of your office is the people who work in it. Having training sessions regarding security will keep each employee updated on all safety procedures. You should also make your office an inspiring place of employment, as content personnel are less likely to harm the company.
While you never want to discount the significance of a good cybersecurity system, it should not take up the bulk of your protection efforts or budget. You can never be too careful when it comes to the outside threats that could damage your organization, so you will want to clear up any existing vulnerabilities.
If you are interested in improving the security of your business and would like to learn more about the services offered by K Security Systems, contact us at 781-724-1010 or fill out our contact form!