According to 2015 FBI statistics, a house is broken into every 20 seconds in the United States.
More than anything else, you want your home to be a place where you and your family can feel safe from the potential dangers of the outside world. While you can never guarantee that your home will not ever be broken into, you can greatly reduce your chances by following some simple security best practices.
Here are some tips to follow in order to keep your family and possessions safe and secure:
- Install a home automation system. K Security Systems offers home automation systems that can be easily integrated into any existing security device you already have in place. Our home automation system will allow any homeowner to lock and unlock the doors, arm and disarm the system and adjust the lights with the click of a button.
- Set a safety routine to follow each day. You should follow the same steps each morning when you leave for work and each night before you go to bed. Regularly lock each door, shut every window and switch on the alarm system in the same order. This repetition will ensure every action is completed and your home is kept secure.
- Buy an alarm system. An intrusion detection system will provide you with an early warning should somebody break into your home. The alarm system, in addition to being used for security purposes, can also provide fire and gas leak detection, as well as assist in the event of a medical emergency.
- Keep your yard landscaped properly. The first thing a potential thief will notice as they survey your land is any possible spot where they can be hidden from view. Take a quick walk around your property to see if there are areas with overgrown greenery that could conceal an intruder. If these spaces exist, trim them as soon as possible.
- Purchase a video surveillance system. K Security Systems also offers a wide variety of video surveillance systems that can keep tabs on an entire household. Video systems act as both a deterrent to potential thieves and provide hard evidence in the event a crime does take place. Invest in one today for complete peace of mind.
Decals and yard signs also work well as deterrents. K Security Systems is more than happy to send our customers a complimentary yard sign or security decals, as these will highlight the fact that a property is protected by cutting-edge technology.
The safety of your home is something every homeowner should concern themselves with each day. Being aware of – and fixing – any potential blind spots in a security sooner rather than later can help prevent a burglary down the road. When it comes to safeguarding a household, one can never be too careful.
If you are interested in improving the security of your home and would like to learn more about the services offered by K Security Systems, contact us at 781-724-1010 or fill out our contact form!